Chicks Dig the Accent
Author: Roxanne D. Howard
Publisher: Loose Id LLC
Cover artist: Natasha Snow
Release date: 8/23/2016
Purchase Link: http://www.loose-id.com/chicks-dig-the-accent.html
Page count (PDF): 107
She’s had a crush on Nicholas Sullivan, her British professor, for as long as she can remember. So when opportunity comes knocking to spice up her appearance in the form of a French life coach, she hires Jean Luc Dubois to help her let her hair down and become more Parisian and hip...to reflect the person she is within. Thanks to Jean Luc’s magic, she starts to catch her hunky English professor’s eye, but the more time she spends with Evan, the more she begins to realize that her Prince Charming might just be the one she’s known all along.
“Nothing. Just this new thing I may or may not try. It’s a sort of…makeover.”
He tilted his head and scanned her face. “Why do you need a makeover? You’re perfect as you are.”
She blushed and got busy with the batter. He’d continually shown an interest, no matter how study-obsessed or sleep-ridden she looked. She pretended it didn’t make a difference, but it more than flattered her; it made her feel special, desired. Once she’d stirred the batter enough, she put it in the pan to cook and found her gaze locked on his chest. Did he put on more muscle since they’d had sex? Or had it been too long since she’d seen him without his shirt? If she reached out, without too much effort, she’d touch him. She fought the urge, and he cracked a smile at her obvious dilemma.
She turned back to stir the eggs and kept her eyes averted and hands busy. “I-I don’t know. I’m going to try a new look. You know, to get ready to go to Paris.”
“So you’re still going to go, huh?”
“Mmm-hmm.” He moved into her peripheral vision. His lips came right behind her ear, and his nose nudged her hair. She tensed.
“I’ve got to tell you, Molly, what happened between us…”
His warm hand slid around front, below her tank top. His fingers grazed her bare stomach, skin to skin. He waited, gauging her reaction.
“Is this okay?”
She almost shook her head, but she wanted his touch! She hadn’t gone without sex since being with him, but her body sang at the heat of his palm, and she realized she was starved for him, for what he and he alone could give her. She gave a barely there nod, and he continued to caress her stomach.
“What happened was… I don’t know what to call it. Amazing, sacred. We’ve kept it between you and me, but if you need someone—”
She gasped as his hand dived into her shorts and he slid his fingers over her clit, between her pussy lips. His fingers slowly made their way back up. He thumbed her sensitive nub, and she closed her eyes and tried to breathe.
“I’m here if you, you know, feel the need. No strings attached. I’ve had my eye on you for a long time now. But I have a feeling you already knew that.”
His voice dropped to a low and sexy growl. He moved his hand farther down, and she leaned her head back onto his shoulder as he thrust two fingers inside. He continued to stimulate her engorged clit while he steadily pumped in and out of her. She let out a small whimper, and his lips moved against her ear.
“Shh. Our little secret, right? I have a secret of my own. I can’t stop thinking about you. What you gave me, what we did together—do you think of me too? Hmm?”
Hello, my name is Roxanne D. Howard, and I write contemporary erotic romance. Today I’d like to discuss the top five things I’d give to my character, Molly Ivers, for her birthday. Molly is the heroine of my newest release with Loose Id Publishing, Chicks Dig the Accent. Art below by Bianca Duarte.
- A long day at the spa – Molly is on the verge of graduating with her master’s degree in anthropology. She’s spent the last two years as a library rat and serious student in addition to her job, and while men have come and gone in her life, girlfriend needs a serious chill-out day and would benefit from soothing music, stones on her back, and a deep tissue massage. She’s earned it!
- A small sculpture – Molly’s job outside of school is an exhibitions archivist at the local museum. She won an internship at the Musee D’Orsay in Paris, and part of her daily work is to restore ancient artifacts and to prepare special exhibits for certain times of the year. She has a deep love of the past and all things historical. I’d love to give her a small sculpture she can stow away in her suitcase for when she leaves for France.
- A big box of Godiva chocolate – Molly adores Girl’s Night Out and hanging with her BFF Nell. She enjoys a good Veg Fest, and sometimes proper chocolate is just what the doctor ordered.
- An Impressionist art print – Molly adores Claude Monet, and especially with her upcoming trip to Paris, she’d do well with a nice, framed art print from the Impressionist period.
- A sexy piece of lingerie – Molly is a feminist and would never buy herself something naughty without a bit of persuading or friendly pestering. Now that her old flame and friend, Evan Castle, is sniffing around, she has more reason than ever to want to wear one. She’s acquired a life coach, who is helping her let her hair down a little more and preparing her for Paris. I think trying something new like lingerie would help her confidence and throw some spiciness into her sex life.