Pretending With the Greek Billionaire
By Kira Archer
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Constance wants nothing to do with Luca. But a poorly timed paparazzi photo lands her in the middle of a media nightmare, and Luca is her only way out. He proposes an idea that will help them both—be his fiancée to gain him some respectability and he’ll make a huge donation to her organization…and save her reputation.
But when their lie starts feeling like the truth, and the chemistry just won’t stop, they have a hard time separating what’s real and what’s fantasy…
“I can’t quite figure out why you continue to feel it necessary to invade my personal space. Do you have a hard time hearing or seeing me from a respectable distance? Maybe Joseph needs to make you an appointment for some glasses. Or a hearing aid.”
He chuckled, the thrill of the chase running through him. He leaned closer until she was forced to take a step back. Right up against the wall. “I like being in your personal space.”
She tried to frown but the expression didn’t quite make it all the way. “Well, I don’t like it.”
“Now, that’s not true.” He placed one hand on the wall next to her head and lifted the other to draw a finger down her cheek. “Why do you blush every time I come near you then?”
“It’s ninety degrees out and you keep insisting on forcing your body heat on me. It’s not desire; it’s heat stroke,” she said, raising her pert little chin in the air.
His finger trailed down the column of her neck, skimming over the pulse beating furiously beneath her skin. He leaned in even closer, his lips hovering near her ear. “Why is your blood racing?”
“Because you’re making me angry,” she retorted, with a voice not quite as steady as it had been.
“Hmm.” His fingers stroked along her collarbone and she shivered. What he wouldn’t love to do to this woman. “I think you’re lying…to me and yourself.”
“I don’t care what you think.”
“That’s not true, either.”
She glared at him. “You don’t know me, Mr. Vasilakis. So you’re really not qualified to make that assumption, are you?”
He gazed into her eyes and could almost see her slapping her defenses in place. There was a sensual woman under the surface of all that control, begging to be released. He couldn’t wait to see the passion she was capable of when she truly gave in to her own desires.
He closed his eyes briefly, trying to get a grip on himself. What the hell was he thinking? Yes, he wanted her, but she wasn’t the type he could have fun with and then walk away from. He didn’t know what it was about her, but he had a feeling she’d get under his skin, and that was the last thing he wanted. Too risky, too much to lose.
He glanced down, his eyes raking over her from her stylishly clad feet in their shiny new sandals, to her shapely legs, the hem of her white cotton sundress just skimming her knees, the dress merely hinting at the delicious body that hid beneath it. But most of all it was the intelligence and compassion radiating from those intense eyes that stared into his own, the strength and beauty that shone from her that she couldn’t hide even if she wanted to. She was different, this woman, from any he’d known before. She was dangerous.
And still he wanted her.
Places to find Kira Archer:
Kira Archer's Top 10 Favorite Books
Choosing just 10 is almost impossible, but these are 10 that I’ve read multiple times and will enjoy reading many more times. In no particular order…
- Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon - Jamie Fraser…that is all *happy sigh* Well, okay, also an amazing setting, time travel, and a truly epic storyline filled with an amazing cast of characters. But mostly…Jamie :-)
- Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer – I know a lot of people hate on this series, but I loved it. I’ve read it multiple times (though I do generally skip over the second book). Regardless of what people think of the writing it was a fresh take on an old monster and one I enjoyed reading.
- Mockingjay series by Suzanne Collins – It took me a chapter or so to get into this one as the POV isn’t one I read often, but after that I couldn’t put it down. Love the movies too!
- Wild Swan series by Celeste de Blasis – this series is just amazing. It follows a family from England to the new world where they end up owning famous racing horses. Not an era or setting I ever read, but once I met Alex (the heroine) and Raine (omg…he and Jamie Fraser and neck and neck for my all time favorite hero), I couldn’t stop reading. The love story between the two main characters is beyond epic – the Jamie and Claire (Outlander) before there was a Jamie and Claire. Each book is close to 1000 pages or more and you get Alex and Raine’s story, their children, and their grandchildren. Simply incredible series.
- The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris – sexy vampires and shifters living in our world with a sassy mind-reading waitress. I loved every page.
- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling – true magic :-)
- Chase Brothers series by Sarah Ballance – incredibly sexy, hilarious romantic comedies. If you like humorous contemporary romance, these are a must read.
- The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank by Erma Bombeck – this was on my mom’s shelf when I was growing up. I’ve since purchased my own copy. I laugh until I cry reading this book. Every time.
- A Wrinkle in Time – this was my first non-romance book. It introduced me to a whole new world of amazing literature.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte – the plain governess and brooding gentleman who falls in love with her. That never gets old for me :-) I have to confess I’m not a huge reader of classical literature. I love watching the movie adaptations but I don’t often read them. This one though, I read and loved. This is also true for Austen’s works and Shakespeare (love watching the plays, reading, not so much though I did find that I enjoyed it more once I got older).