Darkness Made The Marked Trilogy Book 1 by Charlotte E. Pool Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, SciFi
To become what she was made for, she must lose everything
*Urban fantasy meets paranormal romance meets science fiction in this nail-biting, heart-racing story of loss, love, revenge, and the darkness that lives within us all.*
The town of Landow, Virginia, is a tiny, quiet, suburban sort of place where nothing ever happens, and no one ever seems to leave.
Eighteen-year-old Bexley Rose is quietly resigned to her ordinary life in this infuriatingly quaint town. Aside from the car accident thirteen years ago that killed her father, nothing interesting has ever happened to her.
Enter Asher, a curious newcomer who disturbs the daily monotony of Landow, sparking whispers and rumors among the locals. A peculiar magnetism draws them together. As she spends more time with him, the list of unanswered questions about his past grows, and with it, Bexley’s unease.
But when one of Bexley’s classmates is found dead in a hotel, Bexley finally learns what Asher is doing in Landow. He isn’t human, and soon Bexley won’t be either. Asher’s people have lived in secret alongside mankind for millennia, governed by an international organization known as The Council, and now Bexley is part of their underground world. As the body count in Landow grows, Bexley demands answers. And when she gets them, she finds herself at the center of an age-old prophecy and an emerging war between species.
Charlotte Pool lives in Virginia with her husband, two daughters, and three pit bulls. She is a Cardiac Surgery ICU nurse and is currently pursuing her graduate degree as a Family Nurse Practitioner. Despite her impressive education and professional experience, she wants nothing more than to make s*** up for a living. Hopefully this book will be the start of a new adventure.
Meet my manuscript!
Ten things to know about this beauty!
1) urban fantasy thriller with elements of paranormal romance and a dash of science fiction.
2) this is a kissing book but it is not primarily a romance.
3) dark themes, blood, gore.
4) it is the first in a trilogy and ends on a cliffhanger. It does NOT stand alone. The second book is in the works.
5) it is written from multiple POVs. Think: Dan Brown. It’s meant to keep you guessing and on your toes. And it all comes together in the end.
6) the sci Fi element is reminiscent of the da Vinci code. Heavy and fascinating. Fiction woven into nonfiction. Lots of research went into this book. Lots of true stories/myths/legends based in real history.
7) if you like slow burn romance and banter this may not be for you. If you like sex and suspense and a little bit of fantasy and magical realism...not to mention some truly “love to hate” characters, then this book is what you’re looking for.
8) it is a vampire book, but not one like you’ve read before.
9) there is a LOT of backstory...duh these characters are hundreds of years old...but you’ll have to wait for the second book for most of it...it will get into WWII era Europe and some wicked betrayal.
10) so think...Vampire Diaries meets The Da Vinci Code meets historical fiction meets Ocean’s 11....yeah...kinda like that!
Follow the tourHEREfor special content and a giveaway!