To Everyone But Herself by Marilyn L. Hart Genre: Women's Fiction
Beth stares at herself in the bathroom mirror and sees a depressed, overworked woman. As she has done many other times in her life, she asks her deceased twin, “Where did I go, Sissy?” Wishing her sister could magically twirl a wand and make her life the one she always dreamed of, not the one she's living.
She lets out a deep sigh because looking back at her is the same woman she was staring at before. She walks into her bedroom and plops down on the bed. How is it possible that next month she turns 50 years old? Where did the time go? Why has she continued to work at a job she never wanted or stayed married to a man she should have divorced years ago? She just wants to curl up in a ball, cry her heart out, eat chocolate and junk food and stay in bed for the next two weeks and not attend her yearly master class.
Just then, in walks the bane of her existence, her husband Charles. Looking at him she remembers the first time she had seen him and how her heart had beat faster. Now all she feels is anger and it's boiling to the surface. He tells her it's her menopause acting out when she knows it runs much deeper than that.
At the airport she feels a rebellion and freedom she had never felt before and does something completely out of character; she decides to take a vacation. Except this vacation doesn’t turn out anything like she thought it would. Within an hour of landing at her parents’ home in Florida, she receives phone calls from two people she trusts, that her husband has been having an affair. If that wasn’t bad enough, the next day she learns the lying, cheating scoundrel is trying to sell her company, cheating her out of millions of dollars.
Even though her life feels as if it’s falling apart, synchronicities start to fall into place helping her to discover there are no accidents in life. That even at 50 years old, she can start living the life of her dreams, find love and be happy.
Ever since I was little I have loved using my imagination and making up stories in my head. Now I use my imagination and put them into books.
In each of my books, there is a personal connection, whether it is the people, places or events. In my latest book, "I Saw The Signs, I Just Ignored Them", I did take this cruise with my three girlfriends. I just had fun embellishing what happened to us.
My other books include, "Johnny's Gift", "Sarah's Gift" and "The Chance To Do It Again".
My friends, today I want to talk to you about something near and dear to my heart: giving yourself a high five! That's right, I'm talking about those little moments of self-love and self-care that help you get through the day. We all have them, and they're important. So important, in fact, that I'm going to give you five reasons why you should make sure to give yourself a high five every day.
1. It feels good! Seriously, try it. The next time you accomplish something, no matter how small, take a moment to celebrate by giving yourself a nice, firm high five. You'll be surprised at how good it feels.
2. It's a great way to show yourself some love. We often forget to do things for ourselves because we're so focused on taking care of others. But it's important to remember that you deserve some love too! A high five is a great way to remind yourself that you're worth taking care of.
3. It's a great way to boost your confidence. When you give yourself a high five, you're effectively saying "Good job! I'm proud of you!" And who doesn't need a little boost of confidence now and then?
4. It's fun! Why not take a moment out of your day to do something that makes you happy? A high five is just one small way to inject some fun into your life. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.
5. Because you deserve it! You are amazing, and you deserve all the good things life has to offer—including a daily dose of self-love in the form of a high five. So go ahead and give yourself one right now! You know you want to...
So, there you have it, my friends: five reasons why you should make sure to give yourself a high five every day. I hope this has inspired you to show yourself a little love the next time you accomplish something big or small. Give yourself a high 5! You deserve it!